June 24, 2013
The Friends of the Cattaraugus Free Library are looking for more active members!
We are asking members of the community to become active members of the Friends Group. The number of active members is small and we would like fresh ideas and opinions. Meetings are the last Monday of every month at 5:30pm unless otherwise posted at the Library. If you are interested in becoming a new member please come to any meeting or stop in the Library.
Children 14 & under $5.00
Organization or Club $50.00
Meeting May 20, 2013 5:20pm
Roll Call: Jill Stanbro, Jennifer Schneider, Erin Wagatha-Heitzenrater, Renee Funke, Kathy Parent, Elisabeth Lipscomb also Malaina Heitzenrater, Derek & Brien Funke.
Treasurer Report: approved
Minutes from April: approved
1. REMINDER: Bake Sale on June 8th from 8am-4pm. Everyone needs to get baking to donate to the sale. Need to arrange some shifts so that not just one person is stuck there all day. (Renee can take a small afternoon shift, Jennifer will take a shift TBA and also Kathy and Erin will be there all day on and off anyways do they will take some shifts. The Erhart sisters might also be able to help) The community members on our call list need to be contacted and asked if they will bake something for us.
2. REMINDER: Family/Senior Pictures June 1 2-7pm & June 2 Noon-4pm. Need to spread the word and get people scheduled! Sign-ups must be done by May 31.
3. Fair Baskets- All that is left to purchase is the gravity chairs. Renee will pick them up soon. Jennifer was given a check for our half of the meet package for the grill package. Also it has been decided that we will be selling tickets for the baskets at the library this year, to help improve profits and awareness in the community.
4. Flower Power fundraiser check came in. Total profit was $122.
5. Jewelry party fundraiser still on-going. Will be closing the party on June 1. Please get some orders!
1. SUMMER READING PROGRAM- Books for prizes should be in any day now. Kathy was given a check to purchase supplies for prizes and activities. We came up with a lot of great ideas for activities and snacks including: Dirt pudding cups as a snack, Planting day to repurpose the soil from pool digging, message in a bottle, metal detector, treasure hunt, creek gold sifting. Renee told us about a place up in Hamburg that specializes in fossil digging, Penn-Dixie Site. She will be looking into it closer for pricing and other options. The system is paying for a puppet show about this year’s theme.
Next Meeting June 24, 2013 5pm
Friends of the Cattaraugus Free Library, Secretary